As dog parents, we strive to keep our dogs as healthy as possible but sometimes we overlook the basics.
Just as humans, each dog has a different diet
. You should always be aware of your dog's allergies
and talk with your vet before adding or subtracting food/treats. Here at Best Bully Sticks, we have created a list of human food that is either safe or unsafe for your pup
so that you are never in doubt!
We understand that your dog may be the exception to some of these but this article's content is safe for most dogs
. If you can think of anything else you would like to add, let us know! Also, if your beloved pup has had any type of reaction to any of these food items and you're not sure why we'd love to hear from you.
(In no specific order)
Human Food That Can Be Shared With Your Pup:
- Lean meat
- Green Beans
- Sweet Potatoes
- Parsley "“ for fresh breath
- Seaweed Nori "“ make sure is low sodium
- Coconut Oil
- Melons (Watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew. Consult veterinarian before feeding more exotic melons)
- Berries "“ a lot of dogs like them frozen
- Seedless Apple Slices
- Sunflower Seeds (Shelled)
Human Food That CAN NOT Be Shared With Your Pup:
Dairy and peanut butter
- Macadamia Nuts
- Peaches & Plums
- Corn on the Cob
- White Bread
- Salty foods
are two items that we will neither suggest or denounce
. There are several conflicting articles and we'd rather you decide for yourself on these items.
Things to Remember:
- Human food like table scraps should never replace your dog's regular food. Table scraps should be regarded as treats instead of a substitute for a naturally balanced diet for your dog.
- To avoid overfeeding your dog, if you give him human food, you should reduce the amount of his regular food accordingly.
- All dogs should have a well-balanced and healthy diet, but puppies and pregnant dogs especially need a well-balanced nutritious diet for obvious reasons. Therefore, they should stick to their regular meals and not be fed human foods.
- Avoid feeding human foods to dogs who are prone to food allergies or whose digestive systems are particularly sensitive.
Thanks for reading and as stated above, if you have any questions/concerns, we'd love to hear from you!
Best Bully Sticks
Best Bully Sticks has dogs across the country drooling for our all-natural dog treats and dog chews, including our featured bully sticks and extensive variety of dog-related products.
We know you'll find our bully sticks and dog treats to be of the highest quality, just like hundreds of thousands of customers before you. We also invite you to take advantage of our all natural dog treats and chews like trachea, tendons, bones, and gullets
, all of which are processed from the healthiest free-range livestock.
Dogs love bully sticks and our dog chews because they taste great and last much longer than other treats. Dog owners like a healthy, reliable, nutritious dog treat, and that's why our Best Bully Sticks products are earning more and more repeat customers every day.