Dogs are awesome, let's face it. Big dogs, small dogs, short dogs, long dogs. Dogs of any breed, any color or any age. That being said, there are still certain dog breeds that could best fit your lifestyle. While there are numerous breeds that could work for your family, today, I would like to go over my top 8.
So many factors come into play when choosing the right dog or dog breed for you. Things like temperament, energy level, size, and age. Take into consideration if your family is an outdoorsy, active bunch, or more of a movie night, homebody bunch. This list is just a guide to only 8 of the many breeds out there that could be perfect for your family.
1. Border CollieCollies tend to be quite smart and easily trainable as they are very eager to learn. They have a great temperament and would be a good child-friendly dog.
2. BeagleThese dogs are very playful. And so are your kids... a potentially perfect fit. They are small to medium size but can be stubborn at times. Beagles make great companions.
3. Boston TerrierAlso known as "the American gentleman" for a reason. These are intelligent small dogs but can be a bit quirky. They have a great energy level and enjoy having little ones to play with.
4. Cavalier King Charles SpanielThis breed thrives on attention and loads of snuggles. They are known to form close bonds with their owners. So if you're looking for a dog who will never get tired of those constant belly rubs, this may be your match!
5. Golden RetrieverBeing one of the most popular breeds in the U.S this dog has always and will always be known as one of the best family dogs. Great temper, easily trainable, loves to play and all the attention he can get. This breed loves activity so go outside, throw a ball, and let him be social with your whole family.
6. Bull DogThese dogs have great patience and love the attention of children. They are not generally a high energy breed, so if you're looking for a cuddle buddy for movie night, Bulldog is the way to go.
7. NewfoundlandThis pooch might be massive, but he is a gentle giant. Great temperament and known to be very docile. They are a patient dog and fun loving too!
This guy has some energy to burn. If you like hikes or frequent trips to the dog park, a boxer may be right for you. These beauties have a clownish personality and are fun loving at all costs. With a sweet disposition and high energy playfulness, these dogs are extremely fun to have around.
Which dog breed would be right for you, and why?
Share with us in the comments!