When eating grass is dangerous!
If your lawn or the dog park has been treated with chemical pesticides or herbicides, make sure your dog does not graze on the grass and wash their paws after a walk (dogs lick their paws).
Glyphosate Weed Killer containing glyphosate have been named in multiple class action lawsuits for exposure in humans. Can you imagine the dangerous effects if a dog actually licked or ingested some?
Are my lawn treatment products safe?
Read the product labels and consider natural pesticides.
If you use a gardener, ask them to identify the products used.
Two great resources include the EPA website (you can search by brands) or online, you can search for any product name and include “MSDS” (Material Safety Data Sheet).
If you ever notice your dog becoming lethargic and vomiting after eating grass visit your Veterinarian or call the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at 888-426-4435.