Are You a Dog-Less Dog Lover?
A dog lover without a dog? Yes, it is hard to believe, but there are many reasons why a dog lover can't have a dog at home. Sometimes it is only a short-term situation, but some others, it is long-term. Either way, dog-less people feel the need to be part of the dog world!
Are you or a friend in that situation? You may need to travel very often for work reasons or you have a long commute to work. Not everybody can afford a pet sitter or you don't want to see your dog only once in a while. Maybe you share a house with family or friends and they have other pets, or can't have one for any reason…
But that doesn't stop you to be a dog lover! You may not have a dog, but you know the names of all your neighborhood dogs. You browse Instagram or YouTube almost every day to get your dose of dog candy, you have your own Instagram account where you post the pictures of dogs you meet everywhere you go and, you have to shoot a picture… You may even have a blog about dogs!
If you are dog-less, there is no cure for that feeling, but you can have your dog love dose in some other ways with real dogs and at the same time, help others:
1. If you travel often, go to a shelter when you are in town, or visit the local shelter of the city you are in. Play with the dogs, take them for a walk, and help the shelter in anything they may need.
2. Offer your neighbors or friends a worry-free getaway weekend and spend time with the pooch! You can even put him in your car, take him to the park and after a fun day, have a sleepover with your furry friend.
3. Are you having a party and one of your friends is worried about leaving the doggie home alone all day? Invite the dog! Have toys at home, a plate with water and healthy treats for your four-legged guest. Why not invite all your humans with your canine friends? The party will be even more fun!
4. Be a weekend pet sitter when you have no plans to go out, have a Google calendar, post your availability, and enjoy 1 or 2 days of pure doggie love. You will feel energized to start the upcoming week.
5. Make a donation to a shelter. Collect funds by making a yard or a cake sale. Sell the things you don't need on eBay, make a raffle, etc. The shelter will love you for that!
6. Help to promote pet adoption. If you are a social media addict, use those skills to help dogs find a new loving home! Go to the shelter, take pictures, write the names and stories of every dog and create a campaign in all your social media accounts.
Now you have some ideas! Share them with other dog lovers. What other ways you can suggest to dog-less dog lovers to get doggie love?
Rosa Fierro is a graphic designer and a dog lover… an extreme dog lover! She carries her camera or phone all the time and, everywhere she goes, she shoots pictures of every dog she finds. She may have thousands of photos… She also runs Woof Love, a blog for extreme dog lovers. She loves to work with companies in the pet industry and animal organizations to create brand identities and marketing materials to help them promote their products, services or missions. She loves to connect with other pet lovers! You can find her blog and website at https://woof-love.com/ Stop by and say Hi! Or Woof!!