Right about now is when everyone begins sharing their ideas for different New Year's resolutions.Some people live by these resolutions, some people try, but do not succeed, and others will have no part in them. Me, I am one of those in betweeners. I don't so much make resolutions, but I do have my own personal ideas on what I would like to see in my life and/or my families life for the new year. And one thing I always try and do, is include my pets in the goals I have. Today, I would like to share a few ideas on how to include your pets in your own personal resolutions.
1. Set Aside More Time to PlayWhether you are owned by dogs, cats, or both - more play time is always a good thing!
2. WalkingThis is not only healthy for us, but our dogs as well.
3. If You Are Already a Walker, Think About Changing Up Your Routine a BitIf you generally walk in a certain area every day, start planning out some different areas you can explore. New sights for you, new smells for your dog.
4. One of the Most Common Resolutions Is to Eat HealthierKeep that in mind for your pets as well. If you're already feeding them a great quality food, what about treats? Check out your local pet stores for healthy treat options. Such as dehydrated single ingredient meats, or even veggie based treats!
5. Try Your Hand at BakingBy far, the best treats we humans ever eat comes from home baked goods. I imagine it would be the same for our pets as well. If you're a baker, you know what i'm saying... if you're like me and can bake very little, lets try some yummy home baked pet treats in 2017!
6. Toys Are Always Fun for Your Pets, But for 2017, Try Mixing It Up a LittleIntroduce new toys, toys they have never seen or played with, then switch them up with their old toys every few months.
7. Take Your Dog With You More OftenIf there is one thing I know that depresses my dogs, its when I leave the house. Now, obviously when we head off to work or grocery shopping, we can't really bring them with us. But if your heading out to a friends house, ask if your dog can come along!
8. Try a New ActivityThere are so many things we can do with our dogs. Everything from agility to hiking. Try something new!
9. Ever Hear of a Kitty Condo?I mean, sure you can go and buy one... but why not build your own? Cats love being up high, and being able to jump level to level. Build something specific to your home in one section, and watch your cats explore!
10. Finally, Don't Underestimate the Power of BondingFind new ways to bond with your pets. Even if that means cuddling up with some yummy treats, and a toy to play tug, or chase the feather. That bonding time is extremely rewarding. Your turn! We would love to hear some of your ideas for New Years Resolutions with your pets!
Jenna Drady Jenna Drady is the author and creator of ownedbyahusky.ca. She is a mother of two beautiful daughters and 3 Siberian Huskies. Being a husky mom for a long duration of her life, Jenna was inspired to begin writing about them. In doing so, she began doing massive research on dog behavior, and all things dog in general. Jenna is inspired every day by her family, and loves to bring her readers valuable information as well as a little humor too! Jenna has created her own business partnered with her lovely mother while blogging called Pawz N Clawz Jewelry N Things. They currently sell handmade jewelry with added pet charms, as well as a few dog toys too! As an animal rights activist, and huge believer in helping pets who have been stuck in shelters, they donate a portion of their sales to local shelters throughout Canada.