Food is the foundation of good health! But finding the right food for your dog can be a bit overwhelming.Try going to the grocery store or online and you will quickly become aware of just how many choices there are out there! A customized nutrition plan is the way to go, however; if you're in a bind, can't afford a customized nutrition plan, or you just want to know how to choose if you ever need to, we've put together some tips just for you!
Top 8 Things to Look for in Dog Food:
8. Made in the USA
7. Natural and Holistic
6. Grain-Free! Some dogs are allergic to grains and cannot process them.
5. No artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives
4. No corn, soy, wheat, or other "fillers"
3. Complete and Balanced Nutrition
2. No poultry by-products
1. Real meat, poultry, or fish is the first ingredient!This is our top 8 list, but there are so many other things to look for too! Dog foods that are high in protein, contain prebiotics to support a healthy digestive tract, a formula that is rich in antioxidants, food that contains omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids for healthy skin and coat, and food that has balanced calcium and phosphorus for bone and tooth health, just to name off a few!
Most dogs can survive just fine on any commercial dog food. It is our goal to see dogs thrive, not just survive.Have questions? Let us know in the comment below!
Roger Morgan The CEO and Founder, Roger Morgan, has been in the pet industry for well over 10-years. He has two dogs of his own, Bella and JoJo, who love coming to the office with him. To find out more about Roger Morgan, click here. pawTree www.pawTree.com