Having dogs in our life is enriching to say the least. They bring us happiness, they bring out the inner child in us, they make us cry, and arguably the most importantly; they make us laugh.
I thought it would be fun to gather up a few of my friends from the dog world, and ask them to share their stories of the strangest, funniest things they have ever seen their dogs do. I am going to share those stories with you all today. Remember, these are real stories, from real people. Enjoy!
1) So, I was outside waiting for the school bus one morning with my 2 kids. Our Labrador always waits outside with us. He likes to say goodbye to the kids before school. This has never been an issue before. For whatever reason, this day was different. The school bus pulled up and stopped as always. The doors opened, as always. I began saying goodbye to the kids, giving them hugs before they got on the bus. Before I knew it, our dog ran up the steps of the bus and just sat there beside the driver. Of course, everyone had a giggle, and I proceeded to call my dog and get him to come back down out of the bus. Well, he didn't listen. just looked at me with a trouble making gleam in his eye. I walked up the steps and was going to take hold of the collar and bring him down, but when I walked up the steps, my dog ran down the aisle in the bus. Not only did he run down the isle of the bus.... but he decided to pee the entire way down. I was embarrassed and laughing all at one time. I managed to get him off the bus while apologizing to the max! The bus driver laughed, all of the kids laughed, I laughed... even though I was secretly quite upset with the dog. Turns out my dog became the talk of the school. He was even invited into a show and tell on one condition. He wont pee before he came into the school. Yes. That happened. - Amy
2) For some reason, my dog has a fascination with my makeup. She always manages to find my makeup case and eats the contents. To the point where I have no choice but to hide my makeup in high up cupboards to keep her away. So one morning, I was running late. I must have left my lipstick on the bathroom counter. I got home that day, and as soon as I walked into the door, I saw pink smears on my beige carpets. Not realizing what happened, I was a bit confused. I looked around, and finally, my dog came slowly walking around the corner. Needless to say, she was sporting more than just a guilty look on her face. Because it was lipstick she ate... she has pink all over her lips and her mouth. It literally looked like she put lipstick on. I think my dog has a fashion beauty wannabe problem. - Melissa
3) I am guilty of not having my dogs on a leash when I let them out for a morning pee. I have done this every morning with my 4 dogs for years. One morning about a year ago was... um... different. I called my dogs inside after their pee just like every other morning. I quickly noticed one was missing. I looked all over the yard and nothing. I felt some panic setting in. I knew I had better get out and start looking for him. Out I go, walking around the block, calling his name, searching, searching... nothing. I couldn't find him anywhere. All the sudden my cell phone rings. It was my next door neighbor. She began telling me that my dog is at her house. Confused, I rushed over to my neighbors, knocked on the door. The door opens and what do I see? My dog sitting beside her dog on the floor feasting on bacon and eggs. My lovely, understanding neighbor goes on to tell me that my dog walked in their doggie door while they were eating breakfast, and sat at the edge of their table begging for food. They couldn't resist the puppy eyes, so decided to give both dogs a breakfast feast. My dog ate better than I did that day. - JoAnne
4) I have a 120lb massive pup. For a massive pup, you need a massive pup bed. I mean, your dog wants to be comfy right? Wrong. We bought an expensive bed for him, and he wouldn't touch it. One day we found him curled up into a smaller ball than we could have imagined him getting into... inside the cat bed. Yep, the cat bed. So we moved the cat bed and put his dog bed in its place. Instead of giving in, he ate the bed. We bought him a new bed and thought maybe if we leave the cat bed beside his bed, he will choose his. Yet again, we found him in the cat bed. With holes chewed into his dog bed. Needless to say, we gave in, and the cat lost possession of his bed. - Marie
5) It was my birthday party, and it also happened to be the week I had the "you know..." monthly womanly visitor. Well, I had a bunch of people over to celebrate my birthday. My dog is always the life of the party, everyone just loves him. On the night of my birthday, he went into the bathroom trash can, and pulled out a bunch of used tampons. It didn't stop there, as he decided to bring them into the living room and drop them all over the floor. In front of my guests. Everyone laughed of course, but I think that was the most embarrassing night of my life. Dogs will be dogs? - Tracie
Your turn! What are some crazy, funny things your dogs have done?
Hi, I'm Jenna Drady AKA HuskyCrazed - author and creator of ownedbyahusky.ca. I am a mother of two beautiful daughters and of course my 3 huskies. Being a husky mom for a long duration of my life, I was inspired to begin writing about them. In doing so, I started doing massive research on dog behavior, and all things dog in general. I am inspired every day by my family, and love to bring my readers valuable information as well as a little laugh while I'm at it. I created my own business partnered with my lovely mother while blogging called Pawz N Clawz Jewelry N Things. We currently sell handmade jewelry with added pet charms, as well as a few dog toys too! As an animal rights activist, and huge believer in helping pets who have been stuck in shelters, we donate a portion of our sales to local shelters throughout Canada.