Rescue dogs aren’t broken, they’ve simply experienced more life than other dogs.
If they were human, we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write, the ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage.
Don’t pity a rescue dog. Adopt One. And be proud to have their greatness by your side.
Founded in October 2001, Arizona Golden Retriever Connection is an all-volunteer, non-profit, 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to finding safe, loving, and permanent homes for unwanted Golden Retrievers in Arizona.
Arizona Golden Retriever Connection is a Golden Retriever Rescue Organization in Phoenix AZ. Three characteristics make AZGRC unique among animal rescue organizations:
1. The passion, commitment and energy of their membership and leadership. Countless volunteer hours fuel this organization and make it possible to save shelter dogs and owner turn ins from euthanasia.
2. Their commitment to the perfect match. They are foster-based. Their goal is to minimize the number of times a dog is moved so they spend more time and attention on pairing dogs with the best forever home.
3. Their focus on the future. AZGRC is always preparing itself for the next rescue by recruiting fosters, checking the shelters, updating policies and preparing our organization for a stable and healthy financial future.
IT’S ALL ABOUT THE GOLDENS
AZGRC also works hard to share the joy of sharing life with a Golden. Golden Retrievers give back to their community by being active as therapy dogs, search and rescue dogs, assistance dogs for the physically or mentally impaired and more. AZGRC’s aim is to participate in a variety of activities that help showcase the ways that Goldens give back to the communities. They are also committed to taking a lead in raising awareness about responsible pet ownership for all pet owners, not just our members.
The Goldens that are rescued are all taken to one of the veterinary partners for a complete checkup. Each dog is vaccinated, micro-chipped and spayed or neutered before placed with adoptive families. AZGRC believes in responsible pet ownership and they practice what they preach. AZGRC adheres to a rigorous screening process to ensure that they do not have to move dogs from home to home.
Some of the items they will screen include:
- Prior vet history
- Homes free from hazards or dangers
- Foster/Adopt families who are aware of the breed’s most common characteristics
- Ability to care for the dogs while on vacation or travel, etc…
AZGRC talks with all members of the family to make sure they are all comfortable with the Golden, and the Golden is comfortable with them. They also follow up on a regular basis to make sure that the comfort level remains.
As with all nonprofits, Arizona Golden Retriever Connection relies on the kindness of volunteers and the generosity of donors. Each month, 4Knines selects a worthy organization to “SPOTLIGHT,” and we hope you will join us in supporting AZGRC with your donation. There are many other ways to help including volunteering, sponsorship and fostering.
The post April Charity Spotlight on Arizona Golden Retriever Connection appeared first on 4Knines Dog Blog.