For some people, that best friend is their dog.
Let's look at a few things - A best friend should be:
- Never speak a word of your secrets to anyone
- Cheer you up when you're upset
- Always happy to hang out with you
- A good listener
Now, let's compare that to what you get from a dog:
- Dogs are loyal
- Dogs are trustworthy
- Dogs will never say a word of your secrets because well, they can't talk
- Dogs have a great way of cheering you up
- Any dog any day would be glad to hang out with you
- Dogs listen... because that's just what they do best
- I have never in my life met a dog who was not forgiving.
So far man's best friend is looking pretty darn good!
As you can see, your dog will share a lot of things that you look for in a bestie. But what about the fun aspect? How awesome is it when you have girls or guys night out? You go out, have fun, play some pool, maybe have a few drinks. Just getting out of the house with a friend can make all of your troubles go away for that moment. Do we lack that in a dogs friendship?
Let me list just a few things you can do with your dog:
- Go out for walks
- Go to the park
- Head out for a fun road trip
- Play endless games
- Meet new like minded dog people
- Go swimming
- Head out for a hike, and pack a picnic
- Cuddle up and watch a movie
- Create fun spa days
- Have dogs and their people party/ get together
The list can go on and on.
So is it valid to say my dog is my best friend?
I believe the answer is yes. Dogs have an amazing gift
. They are able to pick up on our emotions. If we are sad, they are sad for us, and want to cheer us up. They can read our emotions as well as our behavior
. Just the same as we can read theirs. Because of that, we as humans are able to form such an incredible bond with our dogs
, that yes, your dog can certainly be your best friend.
What are your thoughts on the subject?
Do you consider your dog to be your best friend?