Yes, you read that right. Valentine’s Day is right around the corner… already!
Valentine’s Day is a day of love, also known as Saint Valentine’s Day. February 14’th was originally in honor of different saints named Valentinus. The day became associated with romantic love in the 14’th century.
Now that we are more familiar with the day of love, do you have a furry friend you want to be your valentine?
Let’s Go Over 10 Ways to Show Your Pet You Love Them on Valentine’s Day
1. Bake some yummy, pet friendly, heart shaped biscuits for your pets!
2. Take your dog out shopping at your local pet store for some Valentine’s Day themed toys.
3. Consider seeking a professional pet photographer to have some photos taken of you and your pet.
4. Spa day! Not all dogs like being groomed, but some do! If your dog is one of them, take a trip to the groomer and let your him/her get pampered.
5. Know of any dog friendly cafes? Take a trip with your pooch and have a special Valentine’s Day brunch together.
6. Schedule a doggie play date. Call up a friend or family member who has a dog as well, and invite them over for a play date.
7. Anyone up for a road trip? It’s no secret dogs love car rides… well… most of them. Take your dog on a road trip to a nice park or walking trail.
8. Snuggle up to your dog or cat while watching a favorite movie.
9. Consider creating a clay print of your pets paws. A special moment spent between pet and paw-rent on Valentine’s Day will create lifelong memories.
10. Finally, probably the best way you can show your pet you love them this Valentine’s Day would be to keep them safe. February 14’th brings out loads of chocolate and candy. Both of which are incredibly dangerous to your pets. Be safe, keep your goodies high up out of paws reach!
“My Valentine? He’s strong, athletic,
with big brown eyes, and loves long walks on the beach.
That’s right…. it’s my dog.”
What sort of things will you be doing with your pet on February 14’th?
Jenna Drady is the author and creator of ownedbyahusky.ca. She is a mother of two beautiful daughters and 3 Siberian Huskies. Being a husky mom for a long duration of her life, Jenna was inspired to begin writing about them. In doing so, she began doing massive research on dog behavior, and all things dog in general. Jenna is inspired everyday by her family, and loves to bring her readers valuable information as well as a little humor too! Jenna has created her own business partnered with her lovely mother while blogging called Pawz N Clawz Jewelry N Things. They currently sell handmade jewelry with added pet charms, as well as a few dog toys too! As an animal rights activist, and huge believer in helping pets who have been stuck in shelters, they donate a portion of their sales to local shelters throughout Canada.