Christmas is just a few days away! You might be wondering what some of the best ways to include your fur-babies into the celebrations might be. Or, you might just be interested in hearing some new ideas on how to celebrate Christmas with your pets.
Either way, today I will share some of my ideas with you on including pets in the holidays!
10 Ways to Celebrate Christmas With Your Pets
1. Baking! During the holidays so many people are baking yummy treats for their families. Well don’t forget about the pets!! They love fresh baked goods just as much as we do.
2. Include your pets in the family photos. Holiday photos don’t necessarily have to include Santa Claus. Park your pets in front of the Christmas tree along with the rest of your family, and snap that holiday photo!
3. Do you remember when you were a kid, and your parents took you for a drive around the neighborhood to look at all of the amazing Christmas lights and decorations? Even if you didn’t do that as a child, it might be fun to start up your own tradition with your dog. Take a walk around the neighborhood and enjoy the festive sights.
4. Teach your pets to open presents! How, you may be wondering…? Easy peasy – throw a couple high scented treats in a gift bag, and put their present over top of it. While their nose is in the bag sniffing out the treats, it will make for an adorable holiday photo!
5. Everyone loves holiday movies. Curl up with a nice cup of hot chocolate and your furry family members while watching your Christmas favs!
6. There are loads of holiday themed pet toys at your local pet shop. Head over there and bring your pets with you!
7. Include your pets in the holiday dinner. Make a separate plate for them with just some plain turkey, and veggies.
8. If you use real trees for your Christmas tree – consider bringing your dog to help you pick it out.
9. Number 1 mentioned baking yummy treats for your pets – to top off that suggestion, think about baking some pet treats for your neighbors and their furry family members!
10. STOCKINGS! I’m sure Santa will remember to make a stocking for your pet, but just in case he forgets – fill one up with yummy treats and toys for your pet!
I would love to hear some ideas you have for spending Christmas with your pets! Share with us in the comments!
Jenna Drady is the author and creator of ownedbyahusky.ca. She is a mother of two beautiful daughters and 3 Siberian Huskies. Being a husky mom for a long duration of her life, Jenna was inspired to begin writing about them. In doing so, she began doing massive research on dog behavior, and all things dog in general. Jenna is inspired every day by her family, and loves to bring her readers valuable information as well as a little humor too! Jenna has created her own business partnered with her lovely mother while blogging called Pawz N Clawz Jewelry N Things. They currently sell handmade jewelry with added pet charms, as well as a few dog toys too! As an animal rights activist, and huge believer in helping pets who have been stuck in shelters, they donate a portion of their sales to local shelters throughout Canada.