Alright everyone, you asked for a part 2 version of my 10 Facts About Dogs You May Not Know, so you got it!
I hope you enjoy this one as much as the last! If you would like to go back and read part one, check it out here.
1. You have all heard that pets are good for our health. But did you know that it has been proven, petting a dog can in fact lower your blood pressure?
2. Have you ever noticed your dog curl up into a nice swirl type position? This seems to be a through and through Siberian Husky trait – huskies do this mostly to keep warm in the cold. However all dogs can be known to do this. The reason behind it is, they are protecting their vital organs as they sleep.
3. Ever wonder why dogs have wet noses? Their wet snouts help absorb scent particles so they can really sniff it all in.
4. Some people may find it silly, but by leaving an article of your clothing with your dog while you are away, it really does help them relax, and can calm anxiety.
5. Ok, here’s one for you…. when your dogs is getting ready to have a poop. Have you ever noticed he like to point in a certain direction? Dogs will (sometimes) line themselves up with the Earth’s magnetic field while they “go.” How weird is that!?!
6. A 6 toed dog? Yep, the Norwegian Lundehund has 6 toes!!
7. In the United States, the Labrador Retriever is the most popular breed. What is the most popular breed where you are from?
8. Why oh why do dogs do a million circles before getting comfy and laying down? This is a trait passed down from their ancestors. They are nesting!
9. Dogs can get jealous! A study done in California noted that dogs absolutely have the ability to get jealous. But we already knew that, didn’t we?
10. A dog with a wagging tail doesn’t necessarily mean he is happy. Tail wagging can also be a sign of fear and/or anxiety. Or just plain curiosity!
There you have it! Some more fun, interesting facts about our 4 legged friends!
If you have anything you want to add to the list, feel free to express them in the comments, I would love to hear some more!
Jenna Drady is the author and creator of ownedbyahusky.ca. She is a mother of two beautiful daughters and 3 Siberian Huskies. Being a husky mom for a long duration of her life, Jenna was inspired to begin writing about them. In doing so, she began doing massive research on dog behavior, and all things dog in general. Jenna is inspired everyday by her family, and loves to bring her readers valuable information as well as a little humor too! Jenna has created her own business partnered with her lovely mother while blogging called Pawz N Clawz Jewelry N Things. They currently sell handmade jewelry with added pet charms, as well as a few dog toys too! As an animal rights activist, and huge believer in helping pets who have been stuck in shelters, they donate a portion of their sales to local shelters throughout Canada.