If you're reading this, chances are you love your dogs - am I right?Dog lovers of the world have one interest in common. Learning all they need to know about their beloved pets. So sit back, relax, and enjoy some fun facts about man's best friend.
1. Did you know that dogs sweat in an entirely different manner than humans?In fact, most of the dogs sweat glands are located in their...paw pads? That's right, paw pads! However, their paw pad sweat glands is not how they cool off. Ever notice your dog panting a little extra on those hot days? This is your pals way of cooling off!
2. Smiles go for miles right?Not in the brain of a dog. While humans use our beautiful smiles to show affection for one another, a dog can actually interpret a human smile as a form of aggression. To them, when someone shows their teeth - it's on like donkey kong!
3. Have you ever thought about exactly how a dog drinks water?Sounds silly I know, but would you believe it if I told you they actually use their tongue in a backwards fashion while slurping up that water? Yep, it's true! Dogs curve their tongue backwards to lap up that H20.
4. There are tons of humans around the world that have had no choice but to resort to blood pressure medication.Why take meds when you can simply pet a dog? Studies have shown that not just having a dog in your life, but actually petting one, and spending time with our 4 legged friends, can lower your blood pressure. Of course if your doctor has prescribed you meds, then chances are, you probably need them! ;) puppies touch the first sense they develop.
6. How many words do you think your dog knows?We all know they can understand us when we teach them sit, lay down, come, etc...but what range of vocabulary can they really understand? Studies have shown that a dog can actually understand roughly 165 - 250 words! And to think all these times my huskies give me a blank stare because I think they can't understand a word i'm saying - selective hearing much? learning about dogs, everything from their health, all the way to behavior and training. I hope you enjoyed our facts today, and there's definitely more where that came from!
Jenna Drady Hi, I'm Jenna Drady AKA HuskyCrazed - author and creator of ownedbyahusky.ca. I am a mother of two beautiful daughters and of course my 3 huskies. Being a husky mom for a long duration of my life, I was inspired to begin writing about them. In doing so, I started doing massive research on dog behavior, and all things dog in general. I am inspired every day by my family, and love to bring my readers valuable information as well as a little laugh while i'm at it. I created my own business partnered with my lovely mother while blogging called Pawz N Clawz Jewelry N Things. We currently sell handmade jewelry with added pet charms, as well as a few dog toys too! As an animal rights activist, and huge believer in helping pets who have been stuck in shelters, we donate a portion of our sales to local shelters throughout Canada.