If you share your home with furry friends who are full of energy, a bundle of tough toys is a necessity. Finding safe, sturdy toys for your dog will help them from chewing your shoes! A bored pooch = a destructive pooch. If you're the owner of a "chewer," not just any dog toy will do. Most dog toys are not designed to withstand the personalities of Rottweilers, Labradors, or small breeds, liker terriers. Here's a list of tough toys for the toughest pets.
Kong is a well-known name when it comes to dog toys, and there is a reason they've been around since the 1970s. The heavy-duty rubber withstands even the strongest jaws. The brand has a large line of tough toys, but the Kong Wubba and Kong Wobbler are particularly effective at entertaining high-energy canines.
- Dogs love the squeaker in this toy, and the flapping tails are great for throwing and retrieving. Pets will love to play tug of war, and the Wubba is durable and reinforced with nylon fabric, making it hard for even the toughest jaws to destroy.
- A mind teaser toy, like this one, is a great way to keep dogs distracted when you need to be away. The cut-out hole dispenses food or treats slowly to keep pets interested, and dogs must wobble and roll the toy to get the food to fall out.
Some other tough toys that will withstand destructive pets are.
- This is another great puzzle toy to keep your pet entertained. It features a ball within a ball, and dogs can't resist working diligently to free the ball inside. This toy is perfect for large dogs, and holds up to power chewing. Jolly ball also floats for fun on the water.
- If your dog loves tennis balls, but destroys them within minutes, a ball like this one may be the perfect toy. It's designed to provide dogs a full-body workout while keeping them entertained. It was tested on Pitbulls, Rottweilers, Dobermans, Mastiffs, and even adult lions, tigers, and elephants!
Planet Dog Orbee Tuff Ball
- This ball is not only super cute, but it's super tasty! It comes in different colors and features a minty taste and scent. This ball is bouncy, buoyant and recyclable.
Multipet's Grubber Football-
This heavy duty football is designed for aggressive chewers and can withstand some seriously determined chewing.
Dogs need mental stimulation and exercise just as much as we do. Dogs act out, with what we consider to be bad behaviors, like chewing on furniture or digging under the fence, because they are looking for something to occupy their time. These tough toys will help you keep your four-legged friends entertained and distracted and will keep your home from becoming the scene of a natural disaster!