The statement "mans best friend" originally came from a man named Fredrick 11 - King of Prussia.He was referring to one of his Italian Greyhounds as his best friend. That statement is widely used today anytime we fondly speak of our dogs, and with good reason too! Our dogs are our family, we love them as we love our human children, and among the millions of things I could list, here are my top 5 reasons I love dogs, and YOU should too!
5 Reasons Why I Love Dogs:
- Dogs can sense our human emotions, they always know when they are needed most. No matter how down we may be feeling, dogs will stay by our side to cheer us up.
- Dogs teach us things. They show us how important it is to have unconditional love, they get us up, and moving. Keep us fit, and help us explore our surroundings and find the next big adventure during walks.
- Dogs keep us sharp! Being the intelligent pups that they are, dogs get into their fair share of mischief, so we need to stay on top of things!
- Your dog doesn't care what kind of chef you are. If you make homemade treats, or food, and they don't turn out looking so pretty? Your dog won't care, he will happily eat it up!
- Your dog is the best, best friend you will ever have! You can tell him all your secrets, and trust they will never leave his lips. Unless of course you have one of those dogs who have learned to form words... then you better watch out! (I'm talking to you - fellow husky owners!)
Did You Know?Researchers have found that both humans and dogs have a bonding hormone referred to as Oxytocin. This hormone, which has been known in human beings for quite some time, has been discovered in dogs as well! Being that Oxytocin is responsible for maternal caring and bonding, maybe this would explain why dogs and humans have such a close bond to one and other? Your Turn! What are your top 5 reasons for loving dogs? Share with us in the comments!
Jenna Drady Jenna Drady is the author and creator of ownedbyahusky.ca. She is a mother of two beautiful daughters and 3 Siberian Huskies. Being a husky mom for a long duration of her life, Jenna was inspired to begin writing about them. In doing so, she began doing massive research on dog behavior, and all things dog in general. Jenna is inspired every day by her family, and loves to bring her readers valuable information as well as a little humor too! Jenna has created her own business partnered with her lovely mother while blogging called Pawz N Clawz Jewelry N Things. They currently sell handmade jewelry with added pet charms, as well as a few dog toys too! As an animal rights activist, and huge believer in helping pets who have been stuck in shelters, they donate a portion of their sales to local shelters throughout Canada.